Victor Lindelöf Confirms Manchester United Future Amidst Barcelona Links

News

AvatarWritten by:

Victor Lindelöf has brushed off reports linking him with a move to La Liga with Barcelona by insisting he’s ‘very happy’ to be a Manchester United player.

The Swede’s agent confirmed Barcelona’s interest earlier this month before saying that his clients future was down to the Red Devils.

Embed from Getty Images

Speaking in Australia on United’s pre-season tour, Lindelöf told the Manchester Evening News: “I’m very very happy to be a Manchester United player and I’m really looking forward to this season. I’m very excited for a new season to start so yeah, that’s my answer, I’m very happy here.”

Barcelona’s interest in the 25-year-old was said to be due to United’s chase of Samuel Umtiti, though no concrete reports have suggested either defender was departing their club this summer. The latest on the search for a centre-half was the news of an agreement with Leicester City for Harry Maguire, with the Three Lions defender meant to undergo a medical on Tuesday, though it doesn’t seem to have occurred as suggested.

Ole Gunnar Solskjær has also hinted at Axel Tuanzebe, who spent last season on-loan at Aston Villa, will have a chance to prove his worth at Old Trafford this season, saying: “He [Tuanzebe] did well in the first game here in Perth, so he’s one of the young exciting players I can’t wait to see more of.”

Rate This Post

Out Of Five, How Good Was It?

5 / 5. 1

We're Sorry You Didn't Enjoy This!

One Reply to “Victor Lindelöf Confirms Manchester United Future Amidst Barcelona Links”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *